Corso Palladio 147 - 36100 Vicenza (VI)
Tel. 0444 542976
The hall of the beautiful Cà d’Oro (Palazzo da Schio) of Vicenza, located in corso Palladio, hosts finds of different kinds collected in the area around Vicenza by Earl Giovanni da Schio in the early 19th century.
Collection history
The collection was established by Earl Giovanni da Schio (1798-1868) in 1850 approximately, following a series of field walking activities carried out in the area surrounding Vicenza. The epigraphic material, published by Earl Da Schio, was later published again in the Corpus Inscriptionum Latinarum by Theodor Mommsen.
Hall of Palazzo da Schio
The entrance to the Palace belonging to the Da Schio family displays interesting epigraphic materials and mile columns found in the area around Verona. On the right wall of the hall, it is possible to see numerous Venetian and Roman inscriptions, whereas on the left wall, there are epigraphs dating back to the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. The collection includes also amphoras, Roman capitals and a sarcophagus from Sandrigo dating back to the 5th-6th cent. A.D.
Admission: Negli orari di apertura; Ticket: No;
School access
Disabled access
Summer/WinterMonday09.00 – 18.00
Summer/WinterTuesday09.00 – 18.00
Summer/WinterWednesday09.00 – 18.00
Summer/WinterThursday09.00 – 18.00
Summer/WinterFriday09.00 – 18.00

Recommended tour time (minutes): 10
Services for visitors
Educational Services
Upon request to the owner.
Captions under exhibits
Bonetto J. 2009, Veneto (Archeologia delle Regioni d'Italia), Roma, pp. 367.